2. Information Collected
We process personal data in accordance with the law and as far as is reasonably possible in a transparent and fair manner. Our data processing activities are conducted:
1) with your consent;
2) in order to fulfil our obligations to you;
3) for the legitimate purposes of operating our business, or
4) otherwise in accordance with law.
We may receive information about you from any of the following sources:
1) directly from you or from someone you have authorised to obtain a quote for finance or to seek our professional advice. This information may consist of the following personal information:
• your name,
• contact details (including home address, telephone number and e-mail address)
• date of birth,
• a copy of your passport to comply with money laundering legislation.
2) all other personal information that is provided to us when completing an application for finance, including (as necessary) any sensitive information (e.g. information about to your health and/or previous convictions);
3) from third parties such as credit reference or debt collection agencies (e.g. to confirm your personal data); and your professional advisors for example your accountants or solicitors.
Collecting this information is necessary for the purposes of quoting, obtaining finance.
Processing of this sensitive information is necessary for the purpose of providing you with a quote or access to financial products.
In addition as part of the standard operation of the Site, information from your computer or mobile device, including, but not limited to, your browser type, operating system, IP address and the domain name from which you accessed the Site may automatically be collected and stored by the equipment of third parties that we have a relationship with for that purpose.
3. Uses and Disclosures of Information
We will only share your personal data as follows:
Sharing with service providers
• to assess your application finance;
• to submit your application to our panel of financiers to enable them to provide you with a quote or finance as applicable;
• to assess your financial standing;
• to confirm your identity;
• to prevent fraud;
• to verify the information provided;
• to facilitate our quality and compliance monitoring.
Compliance with law
We may also share your personal data when we believe, in good faith, that we have an obligation to: (i) respond to duly authorised information requests of law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts and other public authorities, including to meet national security or other law enforcement requirements; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; (iii) investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activity; (iv) enforce/protect our rights or (v) protect the rights or personal safety of our employees, and third parties on or using our property when allowed and in line with the requirements of applicable law.
4. Contact Information
When you give us contact information (such as your name, address and/or email address) you agree that we may utilise this information. You agree that we may, as part of our services to you, communicate with you, or initiate communication with you on behalf of a third party, through means such as email, telephone (including mobile phone), or postal mail, including through the use of contact information that you may provide to us or that we may otherwise obtain from third-party resources.
5. Opting out
You have the option of subscribing to communications from us related to our products or services. You can make or change your choices about receiving either subscription or general communications from us regarding these services by taking action as described in the communication.
These options do not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering advice, contracts, support, or other administrative and transactional notices where the primary purpose of these communications is not promotional in nature.
We use reasonable security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Information under our control. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. In addition, please note that emails, messages sent via your web browser, and other similar means of communication with other users, are not encrypted. We strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential or sensitive information through these means. Therefore, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security.
Please also be aware that we may use third-party cloud service providers that provide hosting, data storage and other services pursuant to standard terms and conditions that may be non-negotiable; these service providers have informed us or the general public that they apply security measures they consider adequate for the protection of information within their system, or they have a general reputation for applying such measures. However, we will not be liable (to the fullest extent permitted by law) for any damages that may result from the misuse of any information, including Personal Information, by these companies.
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and other uses. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit; and other uses.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
7. Processing and Retention of data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your information for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.